As of right now, Present Moments Residential and Intensive Outpatient Programs are open and accepting clients.
Please note, out of an abundance of caution, we are canceling outside meetings, as well as professional tours and staff travels.
We will continue to follow directives from the CDC for next steps as to what precautions to take and how to evolve our treatment protocol. Our clinical and executive team are monitoring the situation closely and we are able to make necessary adjustments in real-time.
These are some of the precautions we are taking to keep our clients and staff safe:
- Increased sanitization of our facilities for infection control. We have increased cleaning and maintenance for a complete thorough wipe down of all facilities and common areas. Staff has been instructed to perform routine disinfection of surfaces and other areas where infection can be transmitted, i.e., doorknobs, light switches, etc.
- Posted informational signs on proper hand-washing techniques and hand sanitizing in common areas
- Re-fresher training for employees on handwashing and hand sanitization measures.
- Instituted screenings for visitors. Anyone deemed a possible risk to our clients or staff will not be allowed at the Treatment Center.
- An additional screening process for potential admissions that includes questions about symptoms, recent illnesses, travel overseas, and family or friends who have symptoms or traveled abroad.
- Upon admission, all clients are always evaluated in person by our Medical Doctor to further reduce the possibility of the introduction of a virus into the treatment environment. Current clients will continue to receive bi-weekly evaluations from our trained staff.
- Developed specific health and safety protocols for any clients presenting with flu-like symptoms, including emergency isolation protocols.
- Dispersed flu/COVID-19 prevention information and instructed staff to stay home if they are sick per CDC recommendations. Staff who report to work ill will be sent home in accordance with these health guidelines.
- Instructed all clients to report any symptoms to staff immediately no matter how mild.
- Temporarily divert client outings (this includes outside meetings) – alternative & virtual options are being made available
The safety of our residents and staff is our top priority and we will continue to assess this situation and provide updates.