What to Bring To Drug Rehab
- Approximately 2 weeks’ worth of clothing
- Comfortable clothing including workout attire for cardio, yoga, etc. (shorts need to be no shorter than mid-thigh for both men and women)
- A swimsuit and sun block for summer months (conservative one piece only for women, mid-thigh shorts for men). Swimsuits are not to be worn in the building at any time.
- Sweater(s) and/or a lightweight jacket
- Shoes: 1 – pair athletic shoes, comfortable shoes (flats, etc.), sandals, slippers – no heels, shoes that can get dirty (hikes, equine therapy, etc.)
- Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, body lotion, deodorant (non-aerosol), feminine products, brush/comb, shaving items. All products, such as perfume and mouthwash must be alcohol-free.
- Personal identification (e.g., driver’s license or passport)
- Health insurance card needed to admit you.
- A credit card or cash for incidentals, supplements, medications, and outside medical costs. Do not bring more than $50 cash.
Approved Items to Bring to Treatment
- The name, phone number, address, and email address of two (2) emergency contacts.
- Medications: All medications must be dispensed by staff.
- No over the counter medications such as Advil, Tylenol, creams, etc.
- All medication must be brought in their original prescription bottle – no exceptions.
- Any medication not brought in the appropriate bottle will be disposed of.
- All nicotine products must be unopened and sealed in the original packaging to include cigarettes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, liquid nicotine solutions, etc.
- Any opened nicotine products will not be allowed.
- Liquid nicotine solutions must be minimized.
- You are responsible for bringing your own supply of products to treatment (cigarettes, chewing tobacco, and liquid solutions).
- Sharing of cigarettes or nicotine products are not allowed.
- Nicotine products may only be used at the designated outside smoking area and at the designated break times.
- Portable Media Player (iPod, Mp3, CD) will be limited to therapeutic purposes.
- Cell Phones are allowed during treatment as determined by your treatment team. If brought, your cell phone will be safely stored during your stay.
- Laptops, iPads, e-readers (Kindle, Nook), netbooks, tablets, and other personal media devices with or without wireless internet access will be stored by staff and allowed as determined by your treatment team.
Items NOT TO Bring to Treatment
Staff reserves the right to deem any additional items not listed below as inappropriate during treatment.
- Camera/video recorder, iPod touch, media devices capable of taking pictures/videos
- Valuables such as jewelry, etc. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Food, snacks, gum, mints, beverages of any kind
- Items containing alcohol such as mouthwash, perfume/cologne, aftershave, etc
- Any Chemical Liquids such as nail polish, and nail polish remover
- CDs, DVDs and videos.
- Aerosol products including deodorant and hair spray
- Alcohol and illegal substances
- Firearms, weaponry or any other supplies that would be considered harmful
- Any attire with explicit messages or photos, revealing clothing that show midriff, low-cut tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, form fitting attire, short shorts (shorter than mid-thigh) two-piece bathing suits for women, and speedos for men.
- Arts/crafts materials
- Books unrelated to treatment, glamour magazines, or sexually explicit materials
We respectfully request that you read this list carefully and follow the guidelines. Any items brought that are not approved will be shipped back to the patient’s home at the expense of the patient or financially responsible party.