Our Treatment Process
San Diego’s Premiere Residential Drug Rehab
Providing Cutting Edge Clinical Expertise in the Treatment of Addiction
Present Moments Recovery has earned it’s stellar reputation by offering the latest in inpatient evidence-based treatment through a client-centered and personalized approach.
Our goal is to provide you with a recovery drug rehab experience that is of course unforgettable, but more importantly imparts to you the tools needed to navigate your life in a positive and constructive manner, free of drugs or alcohol.
‘Home Like’ Treatment Atmosphere. Incredible Value.
We have created a unique and serene setting for our client to be inspired and comfortable as they are guided through the therapeutic processes and activities that will heal the underlying issues that exacerbated their drinking or drug use.
Read below to find out more about the modalities employed that make our treatment process so unique and effective.
Watch a Video About Present Moments
AN ALL-COMPREHENSIVE AND INTEGRATIVE
APPROACH TO END ADDICTION.
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
MBCT is designed to help alcoholics and addicts in drug rehab who suffer repeated bouts of depression and chronic unhappiness. It combines the ideas of cognitive therapy with meditative practices and attitudes based on the cultivation of mindfulness. The heart of this work lies in becoming acquainted with the modes of mind that often characterize mood disorders while simultaneously learning to develop a new relationship to them.
Relapse Prevention Therapy (RPT)
RPT is a program that teaches individuals with substance addiction how to anticipate and cope with the potential for relapse. RPT will be used as an integral component of our aftercare drug rehab program to sustain gains achieved during initial substance use treatment. Coping skills training is the cornerstone of RPT, teaching clients’ strategies to:
• Understand relapse as a process
• Identify and cope effectively with high-risk situations such as negative emotional states, interpersonal conflict, and social pressure
• Cope with urges and craving
• Implement damage control procedures during a lapse to minimize negative consequences
• Stay engaged in treatment even after a relapse
• Learn how to create a more balanced lifestyle
Coping skills training strategies include both cognitive and behavioral techniques. Cognitive techniques provide clients with ways to reframe the habit change process as a learning experience with errors and setbacks expected as mastery develops. Behavioral techniques include the use of lifestyle modifications such as meditation, exercise, and spiritual practices to strengthen a client’s overall coping capacity.
SETTING THE STANDARD OF DRUG
REHAB TREATMENT IN CALIFORNIA
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
CBT is one of the few forms of drug rehab psychotherapy that has been scientifically tested and found to be effective with drug addiction and alcoholism. In contrast to other forms of psychotherapy, cognitive therapy is usually more focused on the present, more time-limited, and more problem-solving oriented. In addition, drug rehab center patients learn specific skills that they can use for the rest of their lives. These skills involve identifying distorted thinking, modifying beliefs, relating to others in different ways, and changing behaviors.
MI is an evidence-based treatment that addresses ambivalence to change in a gentle non-confrontational manner. In this conversational therapy for substance and drug abuse, people learn how to take small steps that add up to big changes, and they move at a pace that feels comfortable to them at our inpatient residential treatment. This approach at drug rehab centers helps to:
• Discover their own interest in considering and/or making a change in their life (e.g., diet, exercise, managing symptoms of physical or mental illness, reducing and eliminating the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs)
• Express in their own words their desire for change (i.e., “change-talk”)
• Examine their ambivalence about the change
• Plan for and begin the process of change
• Elicit and strengthen change-talk
• Enhance their confidence in taking action and noticing that even small, incremental changes are important
• Strengthen their commitment to change
THE MOST INNOVATIVE EVIDENCE
BASED REHAB THERAPIES.
Our Therapeutic Approach
• yoga, reiki & qigong
• nutrition & fitness/exercise
• art & music
• stress reduction techniques
• explore mental and physical health connections
• self-knowledge and awareness
• meditation and reflective process
• reduce racing thoughts and reoccurring feelings of anger, anxiety, fear etc.
Somatic & Expressive Therapies:
• relationship between the mind and body
• stability of the ANS (autonomic nervous system)
• body language, posture and expressions
• recognition and release of physical tension
• reframe and transform current or past negative experiences
• A simple cheek swab can show how your body metabolizes specific medications
• identify best medications for you and let you personalize your medication therapy based on your genetic profile
12 Step & Fellowship
• successful for over 70 years
• prevent temptations and relapse
• group environment