Department of Transportation Substance Abuse Professionals
DOT Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs) evaluate workers to help them get better and get back to work (if that's appropriate).
As you know, SAPs do not act as an advocate for the either of the employer or employee. Your role is to protect the public interest in safety by professionally evaluating the employee and recommending appropriate education and/or treatment, follow-up tests, and aftercare.
We are here to support your efforts. Our education program is low cost, customized to meet your recommendations and implemented by those in the treatment industry like yourself. Our education program adds a personal touch needed for this stage of the disease and you will be kept up-to-date on the progress throughout the education program. Contact us today to collaborate on your case.
- Conduct comprehensive face-to-face assessment and clinical evaluation to determine what level of assistance the employee needs in resolving problems associated with alcohol use or prohibited drug use;
- Recommend a course of education and/or treatment with which the employee must comply prior to returning to DOT safety-sensitive duty;
- Serve as a referral source to assist the employee’s entry into an acceptable program;
- Conduct a face-to-face follow-up evaluation with the employee to determine if the individual has demonstrated successful compliance with recommendations of the initial evaluation and has made appropriate clinical progress sufficient to return to duty;
- Develop and direct a follow-up testing plan for the employee returning to work following successful compliance
- Provide the employee and employer with recommendations for continuing care.
Why Choose Us?
Our Education Program Includes:
- Individualized education plan (based on SAPs recommendation)
- Initial Employee consultation
- UA screenings if applicable
- SAP ongoing support and progress updates
- Employee completion letter
We are your partner, providing support in the 'return-to-duty' process. We provide SAP & employee consultations and can create an individualized education plan based on your recommendations. Our staff can facilitate UA screenings (if necessary), ongoing support and progress updates, completion letters, and more. Our addiction educators are professionally trained counselors can facilitate virtual and 'in-person' sessions, and provide a convenient enrollment process, and very reasonable pricing.
- National Association for Addiction Professionals DOT SAP
- U.S. Department of Transportation SAP Program
- SAP Referrals
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals, CCAPP SAP Programs